Center for Economic Growth Strategy
The Center was established in 2007 as The Center for Corporate Strategy and Economic Growth, and renamed The Center for Economic Growth Strategy in 2011. The mission of the Center is three-fold. The first element of the mission is to advance research on economic growth strategy in collaboration with institutions abroad and industry. The second element is to foster entrepreneurship and innovations within YNU. The third is to contribute to society by promoting communication among researchers, practitioners and policy makers in academia, industry and government communities. Core members of the Center are from the Faculties of Economics, Business Administration and International Graduate School of Social Sciences. It also collaborates with faculty members of the Graduate Schools of Engineering, Environment and Information Sciences in the field of management of technology.
The center consists of the following four divisions.
- Entrepreneurship and Startup Firms
- The division conducts research on a wide range of topics in entrepreneurship and innovation, including institutional aspects of various markets that promote or suppress starting-up and growth of high-potential venture firms. The division also provides entrepreneurship education to undergraduates, graduate students and post doctoral researchers.
- Corporate Strategy
- The division conducts research on corporate strategies to promote the growth of existing companies by innovation in technology, management practices and organizational structures.
- Macroeconomic Growth
- The division conducts research on a wide range of issues related to macroeconomic growth under globalization, such as macroeconomic theory, productivity, international trade and FDI, industrial policy, exchange rate regime, and monetary policy.
- The division conducts theoretical and empirical research on investment, asset prices, derivatives, risk management and firms’ financial structures.
As of 2011, the following seven projects are in progress:
- Organizational change and corporate growth
- Trade and investment agreements and business behavior
- Innovation systems and corporate growth in economic integration
- Product, technology and operations strategies in manufacturing firms
- Innovation, finance and corporate growth
- Sustainability accounting and environmental accounting
- Sustainable development and corporate growth
(Contact: Planning Division,General Affairs Department)