International Student Center
The International Student Center was established in April 1992 to provide:
- Instruction of Japanese language and culture for international students.
- Counseling on daily life and study in Japan for international students in cooperation with the department concerned.
- Counseling for Japanese students who wish to study abroad.
The International Student Center offers programs and services through three Divisions.
Japanese Language Instruction
Preliminary Japanese Language for international students sponsored by the Japanese Government
- Preliminary Japanese Language Training
- The Japan-Korea Joint Science and Engineering Student Exchange Program
- Japanese Language for JOY students
- Japanese language and culture for undergraduate and graduate students
- "International Understanding" in the Liberal Arts Education Curriculum
- Japanese language course for Master Programs in English
Junior Year Overseas at Yokohama National University (JOY) Program
- Short-term (six months to one year) exchange program with partner universities
- Offering advice and support services for international students on daily life and study in Japan
- Promoting mutual understanding between international students and Japanese students
(Contact: Planning Division, General Affairs Department)